Sunday, August 12, 2012

From Erin in Scotland

Erin McGrath says:

Greetings from across the pond as we settle in for our first night in the UK. The flight over was exciting, with hardly any turbulence. I settled in at about 2:30 England time, but I probably got about two hours total of sleep. I awoke to the steward throwing a breakfast box on my lap (although the chocolate muffin inside was nice), and then about an hour later, we landed at Heathrow. After going through immigration and then customs (or lack there of), we made our way into the city with a nice tour guide named Mary. First, we got on the tube (quite reminiscent of the T in Boston) and headed off to see some memorials and then Buckingham Palace. The queen wasn't in, but something much cooler was happening...the men's marathon was about to take place. So, while we didn't get to see Her Majesty, we did get to see the last Olympic event of the 2012 Olympics. The race kept meeting up with us, too, as we continued throughout the city. It was a lot of fun to hear all of the cheers...obviously for OKP finally getting to the UK!!!
After a great couple of hours in England, we boarded a coach bus bound for Birmingham. The best part of that, for me at least, was that I managed to stay awake e entire time with Cali and Hannah. the scenery was beautiful, and the humor of our conversation was probably accented by our extreme sleep deprivation. however, the best part for me on that seemingly long ride was when everyone but the three of us was asleep, and everyone was hanging out of the aisles. A picture may come eventually.
So now, I'm getting ready to retire for the evening, and sleep until I absolutely have to wake up. Thats all for today, I guess then.
Until next time,
Erin

Sounds very exciting!! I can't wait for more!!

Love,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment